TL130 - Fair price for new machine?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by dmann33, Mar 29, 2008.

1. dmann33

dmann33 LawnSite Member

Got a negotiated offer for a new 2008 Takeuchi TL130 of $35,000 and 36 month 0% interest (base model with open cab). I am tax exempt, so this price is out the door. Dealer said Takeuchi was offering $1800 cash back if I did not finance at 0%.

I think I have heard of others getting cab and AC for about $37,000 before taxes. I don't need the AC (occasional farm work), but I think that option is more than just $2000. So, seems my quote could have been a bit better?

Any thoughts or input is appreciated.

2. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Who Is your Salesman and what dealer?

3. Ausman

Ausman LawnSite Senior Member

man they released the tl 230 at con expo dont get stuck with a dinosour

4. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

Their is nothing wrong with the TL130. They only changed small things on the new 200 series like more comfort in the cab. As far as the price goes it sounds good. I paid somewhere around 38,000 for mine with a tooth digging bucket and cab, heat, air, and radio. You will pay more for the new TL230 when it arrives. Unless you have to have the latest and greatest I would save on the models out now. You will be happy with it, I love mine and would recommend them to anyone.

5. AWJ Services

from Ga

I would really like too know exact details of the upgrades.
    No dealers here actually know for sure.

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I think it's fair, most CTL's of that ROC class are around the mid 30's with an open cab.

7. turboawd

turboawd LawnSite Member
    from midwest

the 200 series' main changes are the tier3 engines. most of the rest of the machine is the same.

8. dmann33

dmann33 LawnSite Member

TL230?? I had no idea...hmmm I kinda need a machine now and I'd wager that the 36 months - no interest will be gone by the start of the second quarter (This Tuesday, 4/1).

Does anyone know when the TL230 would be available?

I am not a fan of buying a outgoing model, but the TL130 has many features (i.e. pilots) that are still not even available on some others. For many - it is an upcharge. Besides - the likely interest savings would be about $3000-4000 (assuming the 0% goes away soon.)

9. AWJ Services

from Ga

What dealer are using?

10. dmann33

dmann33 LawnSite Member

I have been dealing with the manager at Mason Tractor.