tl140&150 quotes and swath of destruction pic

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by trailmaker, Jul 24, 2008.

1. trailmaker

trailmaker LawnSite Member

Are these figures in the ballpark for fair prices?
    tl140cab $45,040 76in bucket $1472 rockhound 60in brush flail $10,317=$58,251
    tl150cab $55,717 80 in bucket $1472 rockhound 72in brush flail $10,575=$69,458

I'll try to post pics of the latest mowing (tb 138fr with us mower)

IMG_0522 (Small).JPG

IMG_0517 (Small).JPG

IMG_0515 (Small).JPG

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Now that is a nice setup!

Nice dog too!

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

If you went used you could save a lot of money. The depreciation is stiff on everyones CTLs. Prices seem a tad high.

How well does the TK run the brush mower with the lower gpm? I have thought about one, but I wish TK would make more GPM at the aux.

Remember that TK is releasing their 200 series. You may consider getting one of the updated machines if you buy new. Depreciation will be more stiff on these new, pre 200 series machines.

4. trailmaker

Thanks Ron, the dog sits in her pope mobile while I work. KSS I lean towards new if I can swing it because I don't feel I have the experience to evaluate used equipment well enough. I like the Taks for their reliability. They don't have high flow but the dealer says he's sold this setup and had no complaints. US mower just came out with a mower that looks really promising but needs higher flow. I've heard that Gehl ctl's are Takeuchi with different cabs and high flow. That may be what I'm looking for, TK reliability with the high flow. I'm tempted by ASV but just hear to many mixed reviews while I rarely hear bad things about TK.

5. minimax

minimax LawnSite Senior Member

That mower looks good on the mini,but where is the rubber flap?:nono:
    I looked at and demoed a tak track loader and did't really like it and it won't run a big flail mower,I like the deere better for brush cutting and slope work.
    It's to bad that the TB138 won't run a 40" inch head.Here is a pic of my mini and ctl with mowers
    DSCN1349.JPG

DSCN1544.JPG
    minimax

DSCN1349.JPG

DSCN1544.JPG

6. minimax

trailmaker,I demoed Rockhound's flail mowers and you won't be happy with them after having a us mower head on your mini.

minimax

7. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 LawnSite Member

I want to add brush cutting to my business, but I dont have the funds to add a skid steer with tracks to my monthly payments yet. Does that model there cuts trees too? Ive seen one brush cutter thing that takes a whole tree down and pretty much eats it. What do you charge per hour for doing that kind of work? Thanks

8. minimax

farmboy,They will cut a 4" inch tree and eat it no prob.I have done as big as 6-8" inch but it take a long time.I charge 85 dollars per hour and get 2 hour minimum plus travel time when I'm off lsland

minimax

9. trailmaker

Rubber flap got eaten:cry: The discharge side is still intact though. I'll demo the rockhound mower soon. What specific things didn't you like about it minimax? What do you know about the Gehl machine? Farmboy I just work my own property but I think guys can charge 150 per hour or something like that. This particular setup won't take down more than about 3-4 inches efficiently. Depends on the type of tree too. You could gnaw away for awhile but it would be easier to pull the stump later with the bucket. I'll grind what I can easily, then come through later and pull what's left with the bucket. I'll try to post a pic of what I leave for the second pass.

IMG_0521 (Small).JPG

10. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 LawnSite Member

Hey thanks, I didnt know Deere made skid steers with tracks, but i guess everyone has a track model now. They definately seem the way to go because i bet you rarely ever get stuck and you can go places a wheeled one would just get buried in. I've used a Cat skid steer with wheels for plowing and once most of the rubber is gone they are useless. You constantly have to get pulled out and you get stuck on a small incline in mud. If you dont mind me asking what did that skid steer with that brush cutter attachment cost? Thanks