TLC- little job done today

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by thompsonslawncare, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

nicely done..::clapping:

2. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

Apparently Lawnsites Blind contingent has weighed in with their opinion!!:laugh:

3. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

That looks way better!

4. Gran Sport

Gran Sport LawnSite Member

It's funny, when guys get judged for doing a poor job, they always blame the customer's budget. If this was true, you would have said it in the first post knowing someone would see the lack of edging. Fess up. You think this looked good, that's why you posted it.

5. thompsonslawncare

thompsonslawncare LawnSite Member

Its not that i thought it looked good.. i just thought it looked a lot better. He was happy thats all that really matters.

6. jwsland

jwsland LawnSite Member

I run into this alot, customer wants work, wants it a little cheaper, you cut a couple corners to make it work because you dont wants them calling someone else because maybe you cut the grass there or its a refferal from someone you like. I dont like doing it and there is definitley a point where I draw the line.

Today for example, I cut an 11 acre property , beautiful place! first time in 5years the owner asked me to do landscape related work. He usually does it himself but now doesnt have time. He likes a real natuaral look and doesnt mind some weeds or things being over grown, and doesnt want bushes being maicured like I usally do, not really my style. He didnt really like my price either so I worked with him and got the place freshened up a bit.

As you can see from the pictures, No edgeing, some bushes still look "wild" and overgrown but thats what he likes.

P9100201.jpg

P9100198.jpg

7. turtle

turtle LawnSite Member

It looks better. We all have to remember there is no carved in stone standards to landscaping. I've worked with guys who edge 3'' deep, another 1" deep,and another not at all. I've seen mulch spread smooth, rough, even with the top of the edge, mounded over and edge exposed. Everybody feels their way is the right way and everyone else is wrong. At the end of the day the customer is the boss and the boss gets what they want.

8. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks very rough, bud.

9. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

It looks a helluva lot better than it did before,

dont take things said here to heart, weed out the b/s but listen to the points being made and it will make a difference.

Heres a pic of a recent job I did few weeks bk

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These was not not edged all though I did use a sod cutter and cut the entire bed areas down about 3" through out the entire landscape,

10. ochosdaddy

ochosdaddy LawnSite Member

How many times has mulch been thrown over a problem to hide it (temporarily)?

I dunno if it's been mentioned, but atop the other comments made, the mulch looks to have been spread thin. It's recommended mulch should be a minimum of 3-4" thick to be effective at preventing new weed growth through the mulch.