TLS this mower is a must have for you.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Ahhh...behold the new Spitfire from Jungle Jim's.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a LOW RIDER for sure!

P.S. While I might be a minority on here with the low branch thing, I'm certainly NOT alone in my work strategy on my properties with low hanging trees.

When I used to run JD F-935's, the ALL came with ROPS. Only ones that kept them on were County, City, or state workers. They ALL came off.

I'd like to see a tree branch rule for properties that states the following:

Stand next to tree. Fully extend your right hand and touch the tree trunk. Now walk in a clockwise fashion while maintaining hand contact with the tree trunk. You shoud NEVER have to duck your head while performing this test. If you have to duck, THAT particular branch must GO!
  3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Oh how I agree with that!

Old folks seem to be the ones that don't want they're limbs pruned, they would rather you have to fight, bend over, get smacked in the head and invent vocabulary that has no place in society.

Now back to that mower looking thing..........looks pretty un-comfortable to me.
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Uncomfortable.....To get OUT of maybe, but the position looks like my easy chair!
  5. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Hey TLS, here is a perfect example of the "cheesy male model" you mentioned before. :D

He not wearing any ear protection, there's no indication the machine is running. No freshly cut grass behind it. Looks like they just had somebody park the machine next to a pond and this pretty-boy climbed on for the photo shoot.
  6. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I'd fall asleep in that contraption.
  7. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Ask your neck how it'll feel after an hour on that. They need a neck support on the seat. Oh well, another machine thought up by engineers and totally untested by real landscape mowers.
    And as soon as JJ lengthens the pivot arm on their dual wheel velky, to get rid of the wiggling, I'll start having interest in what they design.
  8. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

looks good to me.

OH! The mower?!? Sorry.:blush: jk- actually sat in that at the expo and it was extremely comfortable, but I would hate to see someone with arthritis get out of it. It tips back quite a ways.

switch is right about the neck problem - that would be a problem.
  9. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I think I would either fall asleep and my body would probably pretty bent out of shape after getting out and then picking up a trimmer.

I just know that when Im in a recliner like that for a long time, i am stiff as h@ll when I get up.
  10. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Are those just footrests? Or are they controls?