TN License Board

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dhaney70, Jun 18, 2006.

1. dhaney70

dhaney70 LawnSite Member
    from tn

HI all, I thought I might get lucky and be able to just take the TN Licensing Exam since I have 4 year degree but I was just informed I have to meet with the board before I cna sit. Can any one tell me what to expect from them? What kind of questions they will ask? Also is there anything in particular I should study and how hard is this? I have been study for the last month or so and did well with applicators test. Any info would be of great help I have been working hard to get this license I would hat no to be able to take the test. Thanks

2. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

what is your degree in?

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

About 20 minutes into the interview, they will all look at each other, and all at once pull off their name badges and set them down face down on the table. Then they will say. "Ok,...who are we, - meaning what are our names?".
    Oh wait,....that was the oral board for the police dept..:rolleyes:

4. dhaney70

dhaney70 LawnSite Member
    from tn

My degree was a BA in General Arts and Sciences from Penn State University. I know it is not in Agriculture but it is very General

5. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

lets see here..... the test is HARD you wont pass it the first time or the second///// the AVERAGE # of attempts b4 passing is 4. the test is VERY detailed. make you study......ALOT and oh yeah did i mention the test is hard.....

6. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

Can you take the test in TN having any type degree? The reason that I ask is that it once like that in MS, but now they want a degree in a field that deals with plants, agriculture, turf, soils or similar.

7. dhaney70

dhaney70 LawnSite Member
    from tn

I have been set up to interview with the board the 2 options you have 4 year degree in a degree related or 2 years ecperieince, but with HLT you can bo before the board.