to all DONT BUY KAWASAKI HANDHELDS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i have had mine for 2 years now and they suck. heres, my problems;

KGT27A ($320)- floods all the time & cant start for a hour, refuse to start after dieing, gas cap leaks, and has carb issues

KEL27A ($300)- on the 2nd carb, floods all the time & cant start for a hour, gas cap leaks, and has carb issues again and wont run right now.

KRB750B ($489)- only prob is straps are falling apart (echo one i had before lasted 5yrs before falling apart)

KHS600 ($320)- needs a new carb and current one leaks like a sieve.

ok today i try calling both phone #'s for Kawasaki corp, i get terminal hold for 30min each before i get hung up on.

then i call the distributor for them, terminal hold again since i am a consumer, i call back as a dealer immediate pick up then i get hung up on once they find out i am a consumer and not a dealer.

when i bought them the closest service was 25m today 65+ miles if i knew this was going to be this way i would have bought some husky. at this point i am so peo'd i want to set them in front house and go to the end of my street turn around and drive over them at 60 in my ram! then fedex the pieces back to Kawasaki with a note stuff this crap up your blank guys.

ok guys what should i do i cant use them acting like this but at the same time i dont have the cash to fix out of pocket anymore or buy new from a diff maker.

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I bet they use some model of one of the big namebrand carbs, like Walbro maybe. If you can find out what carb they use, you can just buy a carb. of that model from some nearby lawn equipment shop, and install a whole new carb on each one.
    Once you know what make and model carb you have, they are easy for any dealer to get, from places like Stens, rotary, or Oregon.
    Also, be sure you do not have carbon buildup on the spark screen in the muffler. Remove those spark screens and the machines might run. Just another thing to check.

3. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

Hmm, not sure what you can do except fix them.
    As far as the flooding issue, you might want to consider how they are handled. What I mean by that is do they get bounced around the back of a truck between jobs, or are they somehow in a box which would get really hot in the sun?
    From my experience, the flooding problems are usually not restricted to any specific brand. So you don't know if a different brand would fix that problem or not.
    You probably should check the fuel tank vent which is in the cap, if its gone that might be why the cap is leaking. If its dirty, it might not vent properly which could possibly cause flooding.

I don't think either corporate or the distributor wants to deal with you. The dealer is supposed to do that. But since there isn't a local dealer any more, you probably should look online for parts. There are a number of places that sell Kawasaki parts.

4. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Is this the distributor you called...

KAWASAKI MOTORS CORP., U.S.A. ENGINE DIVISION
    5080 36TH ST. SE
    GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49512
    PHONE: (616) 949-6500
    FAX: (616) 954-3031
    SERVING: UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING HAWAII)

That's the distributor listed on the website.

5. Frontier-Lawn

i looked up the part # its a kawasaki brand that has to be shiped from japan or

http://www.mowpart.com/p105059/Carburetor-Assy-TF022D66/product_info.html cost is $140

6. Frontier-Lawn

yup it is the one

7. Frontier-Lawn

a extreme trimmer rack on a open trailer, as for the flooding i have head echos and redmax and never flooded in travel to jobs

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  8. LCPullman

I'm pretty certain the carb is a Walbro carb, but your not likely to be able to match it up with a generic Walbro carb very well.

9. Frontier-Lawn

plus if i buy $1429 in product stand behind it and awnser the phone and i expent them not to start craping out after 1.5yrs, ps called a 75mile away dealer and they put me on termial hold after i told them i got them at jdl and not them and needed service on them.

10. LCPullman

Okay, that is good. I just know that I have had some of the newer Echos that flood (even on the rack) when its hot out.

So do these flood all the time, or just when its hot?

Unfortunate that the dealer won't even help you.