1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

To all Turf Tracer HP owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by STL Cuts, Oct 14, 2009.

1. STL Cuts

STL Cuts LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking to possibly purchase a 52" Turf Tracer HP and was wondering what everyone's experience is with these machines.

I have a Viking now and really like the idea of the floating deck the TT offers.

Let me know about any experiences you have had, the good and bad.

Look forward to your responses.
  2. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I had a TTHP 48 with a 17 hp Kawasaki. The only thing I liked was the stripe. That mower design is old stuff now. The trivantage deck is an antique.I went to a 48 Grandstand and love it. If you are buying new, the stand on is the way to go IMHO. BTW, my fixed deck on the Grandstand scalps less than the floating deck on the TTHP.
  3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I don't know what delphied is talking about, my 36" TTHP has been the best machine I've ever owned. Going on 7 years old, and it's never broken down, never been in the shop, cranks every morning and leaves a freakin beautiful cut. If every piece of machinery worked like my TTHP, life would be much better.
  4. GraZHopA

GraZHopA LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 36" TTHP and it seems to be a very good mower. We have had no trouble with it and the cut is great.

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you gotten a price on one yet lol, Last guy who came into my shop priced a 52 with a 19 hp kawi and it was $9,200. Thats pretty steep for a walk behind.
  6. fsung

fsung LawnSite Member

I own a 48"/17hp with trivantage deck. I'm not a pro and only put in less than 100 hours in the last 2 years, so please take my opinions with grain of salt.

- Very easy to operate. Adjusting cutting height is very simple (vs the viking).
    - no scalping (my lot is relatively flat but bumpy in some areas)
    - carpet liking cutting and excellent striping (without striping bar)
    - excellent mulching (with factory mulching kit)

- bad clumps (discharging) and under deck build ups when grass is very wet and tall.

All in all, no regrets for my investment.
  7. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

I have the 52", 19 hp kawi TTHP and overall, it is a good mower, they do clump up pretty quick even if the grass is even slightly wet or tall. I actually dont like the floating deck, it has a tendency to get "hung up" and you dont realize it for awhile! also I dont like the parking brake location, it sometimes causes the mower to shut off if you bump it. they are very reliable though, Ive not had any major issues with it and mine is close to 5 years old, Some of them dont come with hour meters? I dont understand why they would leave that off? I cannot believe some dealer is wanting $9200. for a TTHP, Around here that is the going price for the full size TT with the biggest engine deck combo.

BOSCHERT LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

the list price on that machine is a little over $8k and the Commercial price is at $7289 + tax
    i have had good luck with this machine..i recommend going with the electric start so you can get 2 more horsepower!
  9. TheC-Master

TheC-Master LawnSite Senior Member

Same, phenomenal cut and durability. Great, great machine.
  10. TheC-Master

TheC-Master LawnSite Senior Member

If your mower deck gets "hung up" you should try to put some oil on the adjustment levers. I did it and it worked like a charm. WD40