To all Turf Tracer HP owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by STL Cuts, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been running 3 48"/17hp. for about 4 years now, just bought a new one this summer. Great cut and virtually trouble free. Replaced an engine on one unit at 1700 hrs. 2 months ago. my local dealer has a leftover 52"/19 priced below 6 grand. Brand new. Drive a little save alot!

2. STL Cuts

STL Cuts LawnSite Senior Member

I appreciate all the replies.

I am looking at a used unit, that is actually on LS.

It is a 52" w/ a 17 hp Kawasaki on it. I noticed that people that had 52" all mentioned having 19 Kawasaki.

Will a 17 hp pull a velke alright?

3. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

We use 36" and 48" TTHP mowers as well as several other types, including Lazer, Navigator, Gravely and Walker mowers. The Turf Tracers are no regrets purchases. They perform extremely well. The guys like them. They are reliable. The are the best performing mower on hills. They are also more acceptable to customers who have perception issues with big mowers on their lawns. They are not cheap, but they are a good value. If I had to reduce our mower fleet to just one type, there is no question it would be the Turf Tracer.

4. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

Very much agree with this. We spray WD40 about once a day and never have problems with the deck hanging up on the adjustment pins.

5. WGLandscapeMaintenance

WGLandscapeMaintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't mean to hijack this, but can you have the stand-on and the stripe kit mounted onto the mower at the same time? I'm looking at the TTHP 36" for a future purchase and was wondering that.

6. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree with the pros, but interestingly, my lazer hp has essentially an identical deck but doesn't get much deck buildup for some reason. It will have some clumping in wet conditions but I assume most do.

7. sydanna Lawn Care

sydanna Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hi had a Turf Tracer with a 36" deck. Good reliable machine. Floating/adjustable deck was nice. I sold it to a fellow lawn care friend who had a Viking. He really likes the TT better.

I only sold it because I was not using it so much anymore. I sold it with 360 hrs on it. I will be buying a Walker for 2010.

8. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

Hate to break it to 'ya man but you have a floating deck on both of those machines. A TRUE fixed deck on a grandstand isnt an option to my knowledge; granted its not really a TRUE floating deck either.

Yessir, stripe kit mounts in place of the rear anti scalp wheels, and makes no difference to the compatibility of a sukly/velky.

9. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Im speechless. You call the deck on a Grandstand floating>

10. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

It's floating in the respect of the height being adjusted easily, not necessarily the fact that it floats over the ground. Idk what to call it now lol.