1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

To all Turf Tracer HP owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by STL Cuts, Oct 14, 2009.

1. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

All decks are adjustable...therefore all decks are floaters?

A floating deck has the ability to move up & down on it's own while you are mowing, to prevent scalping.

It has nothing to do with adjustablity.

As for the deck on the Turf Tracer, I put a pin (like the pins they use to adjust height) in a BOTTOM hole, so the deck won't float all the way up and get stuck. It's worked for 6 years now, never sprayed anything.
  2. green_with_envy

green_with_envy LawnSite Member
    from pa

I replaced my 48" Trimstar with a TT. Never looked back. Around here you will see them on most trailers....and for a reason. I found it to not clog up as quick as the Trimstar. It has the best cut of all my mowers (Scag 72" turf tiger, Husqy 36" fixed wb, 52" lazer z). It is so much more nimble and lighter feeling than the Trimstar. Pulls my fat azz well with a sulky. True, the parking brake is a bit of a pain. I never noticed the deck to hang but I will spray it and see if it works better.

No brainer of a buy. If I had to I would buy another one in a second.
  3. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

Had a 36"/15 and 60"/21? TTHP's and LOVED them! Also had a 36"/15 viking and now have a 52"/17 viking and LOVE them too.

I plan on keeping an all eXmark WB setup. Never had any problems with their machines.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. demhustler

demhustler LawnSite Bronze Member

52'' - good size - not too big 4 small places, not too small 4 big; not too heavy to muscle it if needed; i put 17.5'' tires (18touches deck, parkbreak -out), poor man "ocdc"(simple rubber); - perfect : )))
  5. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

Check with exmark and see if you can purchase the front end part to make yours a floating deck. years ago I wanted elec. start and purchased a 17 elec. start then purchased the tthp 36" front end. you may be able to do the same thing to convert your current mower to what you want.

good luck
  6. Acres Green Landscaping

Acres Green Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have owned only one exmark turf traverse HP, and my opinion is its the best mower on the market, with a mulch kit this thing is amazing, next mower on my list to by, ofcouse an exmark.
    Posted via Mobile Device