To ALL Visitors and Members-I need your help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric ELM, Dec 2, 2000.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I've noticed that we normally have almost half as many visitors on as we do Members at any given time. A few months ago, I predicted we would have 2,000 members by December 21, 2000, which is 1 year after LawnSite.com was launched. We need 171 more members in less than 3 weeks to make this prediction correct.

All you VISITORS, what are you waiting for. JOIN up and become part of this great forum. Don't just absorb our information, come on and join as a member and share your information or experiances. This is how we learn, by sharing information.

All of you Members, who have you talked to about LawnSite lately? I had to make a trip down to Springfield, Mo. last week and I even talked to guys there. The more members we get, the more information we will have to learn from.

If you talk to someone or get someone to join, post it below.

If your a visitor that finally is becoming a member, post that you joined up with us. Lets see if we can get 171 more members by the 21st of December.

It's not often I ask for help from you members other than filling in your PROFILES with at least your location. :)

Thanks for reading this and please tell someone new.

2. Hillbilly

Hillbilly LawnSite Member

I'm trying to figure this out, i'm not for sure exactly how to post in here, sorry if i'm doing this wrong, i've never done anything like this before.

3. Eric ELM

You did it just fine. :)
    See, isn't this easy?
    Welcome aboard, just 170 more now. :)

If you have any questions on posting, up towards the top right of every page, there is a link called FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) which is a good place to learn and learn how to use the Search feature. If you have any questions, we are more than happy to help you.

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

FWIW, based on the number of views per post per thread, and the published hit count of the site, I figure there are maybe 200 active users on this site. What happened to the other 1600+ ???

5. Eric ELM

Most of them get busy in the summer and just don't have a lot of time to post. They will get back on this winter, just like last winter.

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Well actually you are one less than you actually thought.

We are registered here twice, and I do apologize for that.

We found this site at the end of January last year. I registered us in March. We posted a few questions, and then a few months later, when I wanted to post another question, it would not no matter how much I tried accept my password. It kept saving invalid, but I knew for a fact that it was the same password I always used.

So I ended up registering again in May. I am sorry about that. But I bet there are probably other people out there that are registered more than once too.

Is there any way you could delete the other registration?
    It is under MajorTom.

Thanks,

Jodi

7. Eric ELM

Yes it can be deleted. Your first one is Major Tom with a space in between, maybe you put in the name wrong. It won't work if you didn't have the space. Your other one has no space in it. Which one do you want deleted?

8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Delete the first one where we were registered in March.

Thanks,
    Jodi

9. Eric ELM

The Major Tom screen name has been deleted.

I just called a guy that I ran into yesterday that got me into this business. He told me he was finally getting on the internet, so I just called him to give him the information on becoming a member of Lawnsite. It's so easy to help someone become a member.

10. moonarrow

moonarrow LawnSite Member

welcome Hillbilly to one of the coolest and fastest growing forums on the internet. there is a lot of good info from old professional and new ones to so don't be afraid to post we can all learn from each other. Come regularly, post, check out the advertisers,( that is what pays for this forum,evertime you click on one of the advertisement, chuck gets paid) profiles are important, just today I found one person that lives in my area on lawnsite and hope we soon will meet. thanks for joining us