To Bag Or Not To Bag?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by digsahole, Mar 3, 2007.

1. digsahole

digsahole LawnSite Member

hi this may be a old question but any thoughts on baging or mulch it up just starting out this year an wondering if i should invest in a bagger

2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't like bagging because the cut grass being left will feed the grass and help it grow and plus bagging is P.I.T.A

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Buy a good mulching mower that you can also bag with. Customer may request that you bag at certain times of the year or if you miss a mowing because of rain you may want to bag if it gets to long. I rarely have to bag and don't like to do it because of the amount of time it takes and getting rid of grass these days is a real pain unless you own property.

4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

No bagging here, but if they want it its going to cost triple the regular rate.

5. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Any one know much about the blade bloocker like from trimmer trap? Is it really worth buying? Do you really need it? Why? Do you use it alot?
    Thanks, Jayd

6. JayD

any one know anything about the blade bocker like from trimmer trap for a w/b? Is this really used alot? Is it worth buying? Tell me about it Please.
    Thanks,
    JayD

7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Neither! Side discharging only. I charge almost double to bag, because its such a pain in the a$$

8. JayD

But is it not used just for like when your passing by a flower bed or swimming pool or something that you don't want the clippings to get into?
    I thought you only use it for when passing by something.
    Am I thinking wrong.Is that not why they use the blade blocker?

9. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

im pretty close to were you are and i usaully end up bagging till about mid june on most lawns some get it year round. I tried mulching and thought it looked like crap when it was done unless it was bone dry out.

10. BZB_Helpers

BZB_Helpers LawnSite Member

here in cleveland, most lawn guys couldnt mulch cause there was too much rain so we all bagged late into the season. I never stopped bagging because while some yards you could mulch, there were others that grew too much to look nice mulched plus i only have one mower.