To Blow Or Not To Blow ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by befnme, Oct 14, 2005.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got another car dealership under my belt and while i was finishing up today i was blowing dust off the cars nearest to the grass.then i got to thinking you know i do this at all of my accts where a car is present just to keep the peace with everyone .and i was wondering am i the only one that does this and am i just wasting my time and gas by doing it or does it show dedication to quality and professionalism ?:confused:

2. gman44

gman44 LawnSite Member

I too have a couple of car dealerships. I blow off the front row or the cars that get dusted when I cut and trim . I consider it part of that customers normal routine and dont think twice about leaving the job as clean or cleaner than when I got there.

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I do it to, in parking lots and driveways

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I hate it when I'm out at a restaurant and some idiot with a trimmer gets crap all over my truck and then just leave. This pisses me off so much, I make sure I blow off every car that I got grass on, this way every one is happy.

5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, I do the same. If i'm in a situation where a little grass gets on a car I always blow it off quick.

6. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have two car lots also. We always blow the cars off, I just figure it in the price.

7. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Just picked up a hotel account for this same reason.The lot my account was ajoining had a strip that was shared.I mowed my side with a walker ; the other guy with a wb with open chute.He shot grass all over my mulch bed on one pass and all over his parked cars on the other. I told my guys to clean off HIS cars just so we couldn't get blamed then told my client. His client sees what we're doing and freaked out thinking we did it.He gets fired we get hired; Why ? because my new client says the way we do things looks professional.Bottom line that's why people hire you for your professionalism so keep up the good work.People will see you care about your work which will promote a good image.

8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

If i get grass or dust on a car i'll blow it off too! Have to be careful about the open windows tho...

I can't imigine what a PITA a car dealership has to be to mow. Most here have the fronts of the cars right up to the grass. Trimming and edging has to be horrible.