To buy or not ot buy (what would you do)?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newbomb, Feb 21, 2005.

1. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

I posted a thread the other day asking about the price of a used Turf Tiger. I have the chance to buy a Turf tiger (one of four) from my boss this Spring. Price will be about $3,000 and the machine I want is in decent shape. The mechanic who has maintained it since new says I should get several years out of it (using it myself) with out major problems.

My delema is this. Im trying to go solo this Spring and really didn't want any more debt. I have about 4 properties including my own I can use it on at this time. If I buy it I can add larger properties and do them faster but I have to rely on landing larger accounts. I do a lot of 1/4 acre stuff.

If it were you would you:

1 Just keep rolling with the WB's, land some larger work and buy a ZTR next year or

2 Take a chance, buy one of these, and try like hell to get enough work to keep it busy.

Any thoughts would be a great help.

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Decisions, Decisions. I for one am not fond of buying equiptment I MIGHT use. How ever I have done it. It does spark a fire under your butt. I would keep working with the WB's and work on getting larger props. When you find you have enough to support a new purchase then do it. JMO.