1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

To darn Windy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRECISION LC, Apr 16, 2003.

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

I dont know about anyone else, but here in kansas it has been extreemly windy. Like up to 50 mph gusts, how are we suppost to work. Ive tried to cut pampass grass, or collect leaves, its just a loosing battle.
  2. TaussigLawnCare

TaussigLawnCare LawnSite Member

I am feeling you man it is killing me I can't do any fertilizer or spraying and I were gogles all day cause that grass always blows right into the eyes. But the good sign is we should get some rain outta it tonight.
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I am from Wichita also and know what you are talking about. I scalped a lawn yesterday and was covered with dirt and grass. You could of grown potatoes in my ears. Calmer today, but too wet to do anything.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

same here..the last two days spring clean ups were called off because it was too windy here. And to think that we might get snow again tomorrow.
  5. Leone LawnCare

Leone LawnCare LawnSite Member

dude it sucks so much that we have two 80 degree days and then it gets cold and rainy what the hell
  6. TaussigLawnCare

TaussigLawnCare LawnSite Member

haha sucks for you we gots rain but no snow I have so many yards I am gonna mow today anyways but just some shity rentals
  7. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Too bad it doesen't blow into the others neighbors yard, you could get two cleanups instead of one. :D :D :p ;)
  8. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Windy as hell here today, the weather has been really screwy. Tuesday 80 degrees, today started in the seventies and ended up in the low 40's, might snow tonight and will be in the 30's most of the next two days. :dizzy: