1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

To do or not to Buy.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by BrianK10, May 17, 2005.

1. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

Hey All.

Just got a call from a friend today. Hes had a 32" eXmark for the past few years using it for their back yard. The engine siezed up from who knows what, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was something having to do with a lack of oil. :dizzy:

My question is, he asked if I was interested in it. He was going to replace the engine, but decided not to. He also said to give him a price.

Is it worth it?!!

The deck, pistols, belt, tires, etc, are in decent condition. Is it worth putting a new motor on it? I would have a use for it for not only my property, but a few other gated properties that I just use my 21 on.

Should I? Or Should I Not?

Oh, and how much should I give him for it if I decide to do this? THANKS!

Brian

2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

no idea on a price but if the price is right go for it. Look at some of the bigger local dealers to see what an engine would cost ya. Great mowers I wouldnt mind having one. offer him something rediculously low (250????) and see if he bites lol.