To do, or not to do, that IS the ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RhettMan, Apr 15, 2008.

1. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Whats up guys heres the deal, a friend suggested advertising in a local classified ad "small yards starting at $25" to get my foot in the door for a sales pitch, my friend suggest 25 is good money if it is a small yard indeed and i dont edge or trim. My theory against this is that I dont want people to see a yard mowed, yet tacky due to weeds overlapping driveway ann curbs and around trees where my mower didnt get. I dont want people to see that and remember my poor job. So, should i go for the quick money or put my floor at $35 and include mowing, edging, and trimming, and blowing of dw and sw on everyjob?

2. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

A classified ad can get you properties that are spread out all over the place. Be picky and keep your lawns in a tight geographic area. You might make more money on an hourly basis by just mowing and not trimming, but it's not very professional. I couldn't stand to leave a lawn like that.

3. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

$25 is not good money. set your price and mow trim and edge or not at all.

4. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto that. I would never leave a lawn with out trimming or edging.

5. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

Nobody edges around here.

6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

unless it didnt need it. if it works for you then go for it. probably would work in the lower to middle class neighborhoods.

7. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

if i have been doing the lawn i have a edge cut in so i edge with trimmer most of the time.