1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

To Everyone That Wants An Easy Way To Get Rid of Brush:

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by FearThisDeere, Sep 29, 2006.

1. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

havent used that exact model but have another one like the same thing and it works awesome too
  3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Beaver Blade is a disk with a piece of chainsaw chain attached that will fit most larger trimmers. Just like using a chainsaw with out bending over, on smaller trees and brush.
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

<- owner snip ->
  5. FearThisDeere

This is so great. I cleared a 600' by 10' overgrown road through my woods this morning... in less than an hour. It would have taken me 2 days to do that by hand!
  6. captain2morrow

captain2morrow LawnSite Member

Looks tough!! How much does this cost?
  7. FearThisDeere

I think it was about $380 out the door. Fully loaded and ready to go. It is so much more powerful than my trimmer which is older, but basically the same model.
  8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Iv'e always wondered what those were for! Iv'e seen them but never saw any sort of description as to what they were used for. Thought they were for grass, but in places you couldn't risk throwing stuff.

Saw a guy a fw weeks ago using a Stihl with the hedge trimmer type head on it, tilted to like a 45 drg. angle so he was using it like a brush cutter taking down a couple patches of 5 foot tall native grasses and wild flower/weeds. Was kinda slow, but the end product was 1,000 times cleaner than if someone had tried to bushhog it or use a normal trimmer.
  9. FearThisDeere

It is amazing in tall grass, but does even better with brush. I was cutting through some sumac today in the rain and it worked so well. It will cut anything up to about 3" diameter without any trouble and leaves in looking like a trimmer. They have a ton of attatchments for them.
  10. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

it also doubles as a nice bed edger too