To FAT for velkes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by OLD CHAPP, Sep 6, 2000.

1. OLD CHAPP

OLD CHAPP Guest

WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A WORKER BREAKING THE VELKE ON A BOBCAT 48".WHAT SHOULD I DO.????

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

If you are using a one wheel velky, upgrade to a two wheel one. Try a Bull Rider. Their built solid as a rock.

3. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

Make him walk for a while so he can burn so of that fat then when you give him a velke agian you won't have that problem.

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

The guy down the street from me weighs about 280 and uses a single wheel velkie. He can't figue out why his tires keep going flat.

5. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

TELL YOUT WORKER THAT THE NEXT ONE HE BREAKS HE BUYS OR MAKE HIM CUT WITH THE 21`" HAHAHA

6. Turf Kutter

Turf Kutter LawnSite Member

Little green is right make him walk for a while who should make you keep paying for new velkes so someone can make you pay $250.00 dollars when he breaks it let him walk for a while.He will probably be a little faster if he burns some of that off and he will be happy you made him do that after he burns that off.:)

7. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

im 340 lbs and i use a single wheel velke never had a problem

8. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

How did he break it? I've had a single wheel velke on my machine for years now. The only problem I had with it was the plate got ripped apart from constant stopping and starting. I don't see how you can break one otherwise? And the plate is pretty easily replaced.

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Give him a Pro-Slide and have him follow the asphalt truck!;)

10. djsmokin

djsmokin LawnSite Member

If he is a good worker, I would say better get him whatever it takes to make him stay with you. It's harder to find a good worker than a new Bullrider.