1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

To late for non-selective in S.E. MI

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by SpartanBill, Oct 1, 2007.

1. SpartanBill

SpartanBill LawnSite Member

I want spray my fence line but don't want to apply if it's not gonna be effective. Have a lot of weeds and wildgrass in the metro-Detroit area hardened too much?

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

You should be okay to spray Roundup now as only some annual weeds may not be actively growing. I sprayed Prosector (Roundup) this morning on tall fescue, and I know it will work fine.
  3. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

As long as the vegetation is green, the roundup will work. I know farmers that spray into Nov. Obviously it's not as fast to show, but it will work. I'm actually going through my last round of veg. control next week.
  4. lescojdl

lescojdl LawnSite Member

To kill late in the year when photosynthesis slowed, tank mix a kicker with glyphosate to blow up the outside cell walls of the target plants. Try Scythe (pelargonic acid), Reward (diquat), Octane (pyraflufen ethyl) or Quicksilver (carfentrazone) or maybe even a 2,4-d based product to help with the broadleaf weeds.