To mow or not mow on Memorial Day?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Precision Lawns, May 25, 2005.

1. Precision Lawns

Precision Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

We are only mowing part time right now, and Monday is our big lawn care day - we have off from work on Mondays, and we do all but 1 of our lawns every Monday. Well, this Monday is Memorial Day. Should we mow as usual, or do you think that will bother people? My opinion is that our customers know we mow Mondays and would call if that was a bad idea and won't care if we show up, but I would hate for that not to be the case. Do you mow on Memorial Day?
  2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Not to mow on Memorial Day.
  3. extoro

extoro LawnSite Member

If it was commercial properties yeah go for it. But not residential. Too many people will be having get togethers.
  4. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I was gonna knock the resi's out on sunday, comm's on monday. With all this rain i'll be kicking my butt playing catch-up. probably wait til tues.
  5. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Unless you are working a commercial property people will probably be at home trying to enjoy the day. I would not mow.

6. CutNLawns

CutNLawns LawnSite Member

Can't be a huge number of accounts you will be taking care of so why not just give each one a call and ask if it will be a problem for them or not. To me that would make you look better to them because you were taking their plans into consideration before your own. Might win you brownie points down the road because of your thoughtfulness.
  7. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Gotta do it, been raining all week no let up in site. :cry:
  8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

No work for us on the 3 holidays, Memorial Day, 4th of July, or Labor Day.
  9. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I won't work out of respect for the men and women who have fought and died in wars to keep us free so we can make these decisions.My decision is to respect that sacrifice and validate it by not working on that day.
  10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Yea I don't work on Memorial and the 4th. Life is just too short and I dont want to interrupt the Holiday stuff. Labor day depends on what jobs I have scheduled for that day of the week