1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

To mow or not to mow...On Sunday?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by silverado212, Sep 26, 2009.

1. silverado212

silverado212 LawnSite Senior Member

Well with it raining in some amount for last six days here, debating on mowing Sunday or just hold of til Monday. Right now the bulk of my mowing is Thurs. and Fri., so uncertain about mowing Sunday and Monday or push back til normal days. Ground is really soaked here right now. But, no rain today. Thoughts and opions welcome.:confused:

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I've had to mow on Sunday for the last few weeks.

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I'm mowing tomorrow since my bob-cat didn't get fixed in time. I probably could have had everything finished but I held off only to find out today that I wouldn't get the bob-cat back until Tuesday, so now I'm mowing tomorrow, a sunday.

4. Hamatsa

Hamatsa LawnSite Member

Been there. Done that. I've always checked with the customer first though as a courtesy.

5. silverado212

silverado212 LawnSite Senior Member

I have some small apt. complexes that wouldn't be an issue, but not sure about my houses.

6. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Since the begining of the season unless it rained I have mowed every Sunday. My customers don't really care

7. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I tried it one time when I first started. 4 out of the first 5 customers complained, and one dropped me. I've never done a residential on sunday since. There is one industrial building that I do on occassion.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. whosedog

whosedog LawnSite Senior Member

We cut on 2 sundays in the past month because saturday was a washout.No complaints; even from a fellow church member;he understood it was Gods Will. The only time I ever had a problem because of religion,15 years ago an Orthodox Jew asked me to put her garbage on the curb;I came after sunset Friday and she sent me away. :nono: Whatever.

9. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I tried it one time when I first started. 4 out of the first 5 customers complained, and one dropped me. I've never done a residential on sunday since. There is one industrial building that I do on occassion.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Kutz Lawns

Kutz Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Pick up the phone and call them as a courtesy, it's just that simple!