To mow through or not mow through????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Randys Lawn Service, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Randys Lawn Service

Randys Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I have a couple of accounts that have adjoining yards. This is nice as you unload once and mow twice. Do I mow them as if it is one big yard or do I mow them seperately so it looks like they are two yards??

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

It depends on if you track your time and costs on each account. We stopwatch our in and out time on each account each week. I used to have a couple lawns like what you are describing, and after a few months I knew what it should take to do each, and we did them together as if they were one account anyway. If its a highly open, visible area, nice long stripes would probably look cool going all the way across the front of both properties.It's all a matter of preference.

3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I personally mow each yard all by itÂ’s self. It looks better and gives the customer the feeling of individual service. Each yard was priced as an individual yard so they are cut as individual yards. Yes it is quicker to mow both yards together but I can easily see some people getting upset about this.

Gravely_Man

4. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

My suggestion would be to talk to the customers and find out what they want. Then, go with that.

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm with gravely man, make them individual. they pay individual so they should get individual servicing. there are a couple of side by side yards in an area where i mow and i got those two accounts because they were tired of their other guy doing them both as one.