1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOMER, Jun 8, 2000.

1. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Lawrence, <br>I just wanted to let you know that I sent off for my commercial applicator study manual and recieved it today. Got to start hitting the books now so I can get that license! Its time to get off the porch and run with the &quot;BIG DOGS&quot;!<p>HOMER
  2. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

Hmmm... <p>Tell me more. I'm new to the site and might be interested in a &quot;commercial applicator study manual&quot; of my own... :)<p>-TGC
  3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Each State has a certification test one must pass in order to apply chemicals commercially. Contact your county extension and they will be able to tell you where and how to obtain the study manuals. You have to have this to legally apply weed killer, ant poison, roundup, anything with a herbicide.<p>Homer
  4. Turfer

Turfer LawnSite Member

I'm taking the class and test next week for turf and ornamentals at N.C. State University in Raleigh North Carolina. It cost $45 dollars for the class and all the manuals then I think it cost $35 for the license after you pass the exam. Let me know if you need any details from the exams. Just e-mail me. Thanks.<br>
  5. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

I will definitely be looking into that, then. Thanks! :)<p>-TGC
  6. Homer,<p>Get the stuff for the indoor bug test and take that also. Do the parking lot striping painting thing also. Sell these services to your existing customer base.<p>Try to get a tree and shrub license for next season also.<p>The more services you provide the harder it is for you customer to replace your ass.
  7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I just bought a commercial line painting machine today. I will probally just sell it for a profit but I might look into doing a couple of jobs with it while I have it for sale. I also picked up another sprayer and tank so I can do round up without having to use my weed killer machine. Municipal auctions can be a good money maker. <br>Last week sale a Kees 36&quot; with 12 1/2 Kaw motor went for $1625 this week a Toro proline 44&quot; with a 16 hp on it only went for $675 but I already have one with the 12 1/2 Kaw for sale.
  8. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Homer-<p>I got my stuff too for here in Ohio. I'm sitting for the exam next thursday. Good Luck to you, I'll let ya know how it goes! Boy , some of those books are thick :)<p>Mike<br>Greenkeepers<br>