To much Husqvarna talk.(from me)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thesargent, Jul 14, 2007.

1. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

i just realized ive been posting alot about husqvarna w/b's. im just very happy with mine. its probably getting annoying to everyone who thinks they're total garbage so sorry bout that.:) but i do feel alot of people dont give them a shot just from what people say, but if more people demoed them they may change their minds. thats all, bye.
    wayne

2. steve affordable lawn

steve affordable lawn LawnSite Member

hey im with u brother just service my z walkbehind 2day love them here in charlotte not a hole lot of people around here only 1 dealer left 04wb 0648z::cool2:

3. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

That's interesting! Where were you last December when I was looking for a walk behind and posted an appeal for some information on the Husqvarna?
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=169489&highlight=husqvarna

I got zero responses, so I interpreted that to mean that either no one on LawnSite ever used one or 100 percent of those who did thought they were so terrible they weren't even worth complaining about. So I ended up getting a Quick 36 Samuarai in spite of the fact that the owner of BOP didn't think it would be adequate for mowing my hills. Actually, it's not bad, but not as good as I had hoped it would be.

4. TSG

TSG LawnSite Senior Member

Around here (New England) most think of Husqvarna as a home owners mower.
    The dealer also explained it that way to me and tried to steer me towards Ferrisssss

5. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm considering the 48" WB w/ quick height adjust for next season. Not much in the way of dealers around here tho, and hard to demo one.

6. thesargent

well its hardley a homeowner mower. a LarryF, sorry i didnt own it in december. but i would take this Husqvarna 36 inch dual hydro over a quick36 anyday. (not saying the quick is a bad mower at all).

7. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

That's ok. I don't use the walk-behind much anyway; it's only for my hills. I have a first-rate Exmark ZTR for mowing most of my lot, but I'm too chicken to take it on steep slopes. But if the Husqvarna is as good as you say, I'm suprised there aren't a lot of LCOs who support that perception. I'm more easily influenced by their opinions than I could be from listening to a guy who sells mowers. As I said, I couldn't find a single person who had anything positive to say about it... not one in the whole wide world. There sure were many who raved about the Quick 36, however, so as I indicated earlier, that's the direction in which I went. The fact that I couln't find much technical information about the Husqvarna was also something of a setback; whereas, BOP's practice of describing it's machines in detail, showing films of them in operation and even answering emailed questions to them was a very big plus in helping me to make a decision.

8. thesargent

i wish someone here, or close to me had an exmark, scag,etc.. so we could test them side by side. but there are none around my area. i know of on lco who has an older exmark belt drive, but i no there is no comparison between the two. can a 36 inch exmark viking really be worth almost $2000 more than my husqvarna? i doubt it but maybe im just ********. i still want to hear why husqvarna is bad, like what problems can i expect?

9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I have a Husq. 48 WB belt. I had a few minor adjusting problems at first with it. But now I have no problems with the mower and it cuts great.

10. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

i love my husqvarna equipment and get great service and response from dealer and local husqvarna sales rep