To my surprise...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jds720, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jds720

jds720 LawnSite Senior Member

I had 13 lawns to do in one development today, so i get off duty, pick up my trailer, pick up my helper, drive to the development, pull up to the gate, and the guard says its 4th of July, I agreed! He then said theres a "No noise ordinance"
    your kidding? he said its a holiday....ug ive been back up all week from sick kids and the FD, and getting a new mower, i thought i would be free and clear to work!!!

2. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a load of BS.

3. Pastaboy62

Pastaboy62 LawnSite Senior Member

No noise ordinance in my town too.

4. S.A.L.

S.A.L. LawnSite Member
    from NOLA

Good.
    I don't want to hear you in my neighborhood on a holiday either.
    Or on Sunday.

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

lol

i think my neighbors would rather hear my mowers than we goin at my project truck wit grinder and sawzall!:dizzy:

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

There's a noise ordinance till the fire works start. lol. Yes its a holiday but around my neighboorhood, some homeowners who do the lawn and such themselves were out this morning. The noise don't bother me one bit.

7. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

yeah i think everyone in my neighborhood is cutting their grass today...im not getting off the couch or the computer all day

8. robtown

robtown LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I agree. I wouldnt want to hear it either.

9. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Agreed. I always take the holidays off. Also, what would you do when you pull up and theres a BBQ going on?

Being backed up sucks, you may have to take off work to get caught up, or mow full time...

10. Big Wes

Big Wes LawnSite Member

I hope there's NO fireworks there due to the ordinance. If I were you, I would check on that and make sure there are none going off tonight, in that gated comunity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.