1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

to people with john deere ztr, HELP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMowerKing10, Nov 16, 2006.

1. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

I am thinking about buying a 757 ztr from john deere , does anyone have experiance with one of these mowers?
  2. willider

willider LawnSite Member

I have had mine for 3 years and love it! No problems so far 102 hours.
  3. shiveslandcsaping

shiveslandcsaping LawnSite Member

I demoed a 757 with the MOD deck and loved it but that is just my opinion. You need to demo one and see if it fits you.
  4. shiveslandcsaping

shiveslandcsaping LawnSite Member

Hey willider I see you are from Asheboro. I tried to send you a IM but it said you arent allowing them.
  5. willider

willider LawnSite Member

Sorry, new to this site and don't know how to allow IM???
  6. willider

willider LawnSite Member

JD 757 is fast and the large tires keep you moving even in rough areas!
  7. moremow

moremow LawnSite Member
    from roanoke

In response to your question on the 757. I demoed one a year ago and put it through some interesting tests. It held a steep hill very well for me and when I purposely went through some grass exceeding 10" in height that was really part of a hayfield it went through it quite well. I was not going top speed because the terrain was a bit bumpy however i was probably going about 7 mph or so and did not have to double cut it at all. Overall I would give it high rating. Demo like everyone said and put it through as many obsticles as you can. Good luck
  8. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

You will not be disappointed with a Deere if you do make a purchase. We run ours VERY hard and it still looks like new! We have had MINIMAL probs. The only one that we had was when our 757 was new after running it for a while you could smell something was hot and it was making a screetching sound. Come to find out it was the parking brake, which was set up to much from the dealer. Other than that I'm proud and pleased with our Deere mowers. We are planning on adding another 757 for 2007.
  9. willider

willider LawnSite Member

Has anyone tried the Gator blades with your ZTR??? They are mulching blades and look like they would work well??? About $20.00 each...
  10. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

i got a brand new 717A sitting in the shop.i am dieing to use it.we have had bad rain the last 3 days.sure will try the mulch kit with all these dang leafs now.