To Pre-Pay or not to pre-pay tis the question?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cwb20, Apr 6, 2004.

1. cwb20

cwb20 LawnSite Member

So who requires weekly residentials to pay in advance? i would j like to get a percentage of LCO's who do buisiness this way for my future plans, thank you.

2. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

I don't. I think it is insulting to the customer to suggest it. You are saying I think you are a deadbeat who won't pay me.

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

most of the time i do. the reason: helps with cash flow, eases collections, but mostly because i don't trust them

4. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

All my contract customers are billed the first of the month for service to be provided that month. I have had no problem with this arrangement.

5. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc LawnSite Member

We bill every two weeks. Although some of the slow paying customers will be paying in advance(if they are from out of state) or at the time of service.

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I run the same as Westy.... usually takes 30 days to get paid, so if you wait until the end of the month to invoice, you're usually not going to get paid 45-60 days from when you first started doing work.

7. GrassBlaster

GrassBlaster LawnSite Member

I invoice at the first of the month, and ask to be paid on the 15th. This way I front them 2 weeks and they front me 2 weeks. My customers seem to like it.

8. cwb20

cwb20 LawnSite Member

Thank you guys for your help but how about a new customer do you bill them and start working or bill them and wait to start working?

9. GrassBlaster

GrassBlaster LawnSite Member

always get paid the time of service for a brand new account

10. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

If i start a new account at the first of the month I will send them a bill for month 1 at that time. If it is after mid month I will send them a bill the first of the following month and bill them for services provided in the previous month plus advance billing for the current month.