"to prune or not to prune that is the ?"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dallas05, Jan 27, 2007.

1. dallas05

dallas05 LawnSite Member

on commercial or residential maintenance do you guys and gals automatically include pruning into a year round contract or do you do it seperate and get paid for it as you do the work. those big prune jobs are no fun when they are included and you got alot of man hours into it and you have to wait over the course of a year to get it back. personally i do both but mainly include on commercial jobs. just curious what everyone does thanks!:)
  2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Some will include it but I prefer not to. I like getting paid when I do the work its a little more of an incentive. Some on here will include it as a part of there service contract for the year so they have steady money comming in. I like to keep things seperate but thats just me.
  3. gringo gardener

gringo gardener LawnSite Member

comm accts i wood simply factor your time and keep it part of the monthly ... they have a budget and want to know what that same # is every month ... on resi's if its not a full svc then its t/m billed accordingly ... if it is full svc i calc how long it takes to snip em to keep em looking clean and it becomes part of the monthly contract
  4. LawnRunner

LawnRunner LawnSite Member

I include prunning and trimming in the price for full service customers. All bushes are not trimmed at one time, I just work in several at a time to keep them looking good.