1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

to swim, or not to swim....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, May 29, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I have a guy with an awesome inground pool, patio set up for parties constantly, with an outdoor fridge loaded with Corona. Every week this guy tells me to feel free jump in the pool, or help myself to the fridge. I always thank him, but decline. Especially on the hot days, i'd love to go for a dip, but I think its unprofressional for me and my worker(s) to do that. don't want to insult the guy either. Do you accept offers like that? or is it no big deal?
  2. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I've been told the same thing. I say "thanks" but never take them up on the offer.
  3. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

If you dont feel like taking a dip in the pool - have a Corona instead :cool:

My last customer (an old lady) on Thursday afternoon late brought me an ice cold Bud light outside while I was working. I said let me finish first then I'll have the beer and she said then it's not gonna be cold anymore.
  4. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Been told the same. Just dont feel right some how! I would on the other hand, if I could make it the last one for the day, have one of his beers!
  5. jcr_17

jcr_17 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Maybe he wants you....:)
  6. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

There are a couple of old guys on my route that will bring me a beer on occasion. Thats no big deal, I just make sure that they are the last ones on the list. I dont think that it would be to professional to start talking to other people all day with beer breath.

I used to do a ladys house with a pool and she would tell me that it was ok if I used the pool in the summer but I never did.

I dont know whats worse on those killing hot days beer or pop. I cant stand either in the heat. The thought is nice but I'd rather have a glass of ice cold water.
  7. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

my opinion is stay out of the pool.

but IFFFFF...HE comes out with coronas for you/each of you...and you have the time to drink the beers with him, then I say go for it.

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I say don't jump in the pool
  9. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

10. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe he is impressed by your big shaft- weed eater shaft that is?