to tall for 2014 61" scag v ride?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by hillbilly1188, Feb 5, 2014.

1. hillbilly1188

hillbilly1188 LawnSite Member

Hello everyone im new to this site and im hoping to get a new v ride.. it will be my first commercial mower. i was wondering from people who has a
    v ride if they have to bend over to use it? im 6' 3" tall and 260# just wondering if it would be uncomfortable because i would have to slouch over to grab the bars or not... no dealer around me has one.. want to by while they have fleet pricing.. get on 61" 25.5hp kaw for $7,300 before sale ends so any help would be great... sry for being long winded

2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

how do you know you want one if you have never even touched one?

got to at least see if you fit on it. how well it handles, see if there are any other options.

rider, walk behind, another stander, upside down helicopterÂ…what made you randomly choose a VRide?

3. hillbilly1188

well i have two freinds that have stand ons. ones a great dane ones an exmark.. both i feel good on. my buddy says that the exmark scalpes the ground alot. the exmark dont have many rollers on the deck as the scag . i find everyone around my area use scag though and the dealer in gray has the best shop around here they only sell scag and they are the best priced to.. just aint got to stand on a scag yet... no shop with in 50 miles have one.. ive used cub cadet ztr but thought i liked the standing better than sitting.. cant find info on the scag hieght between the foot plate to the drive handles to compare exmark. if it was the same i wouldnt have to slouch...

4. rockymtnnut

rockymtnnut LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a Cheetah but I wanted a vride until I tried one I couldn't get it to go straight and it felt like it was going to throw me off when I turned it was all a learning curve for me they are very nice and the price is awesome get it. We are identical in size
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I am 6'2" and my 36" is fine for me. I would go demo one and see for yourself

6. kube616

kube616 LawnSite Member

You should be ok I'm 6'2 240 and i demoed one and loved it. And rockymtnnut you know there are two knobs on each side for tracking adjustment you can turn to make it go straight.

7. hillbilly1188

thanks , everyone i think i will while the sale is still on. i wish i could try one out but called everywhere within 50 some miles and nobody has one.

8. hillbilly1188

and rockymtnnut, dealer priced me a demo cheetah 61" for $8800. he said it was at his house . and it was the 31hp kaw and had 100hrs on it. well he went got it cleaned it serviced it when i came back to look at it it had 250 hrs and the 850fx kaw the 27 hp... but still had warrenty. he stod there and tried to tell me that 850 was the new 31hp, (31hp new is 921fx or close to that #) straight up lied... i dont think the 27kaw would handle that much deck and mower speed even in low range. whats yours got

9. kube616

kube616 LawnSite Member

I would love to have one I loved it. Post some pics if you pick one up Ide love to see it man!

10. hillbilly1188

k i'll try to probably be next week..