To the Part Timers, what's your "40 hour a week/regular job"?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by STL Cuts, Jun 15, 2010.

1. STL Cuts

STL Cuts LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious what other industries the part timers are in. Fire fighters and off duty cops seem to be pretty common on here.

I guess I'll start it off. I'm in college and intern with a M & A firm and have been running my biz since high school part time.

2. BShaffer

BShaffer LawnSite Member

Golf Course Superintendent

3. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Senior Member

Manage a ski shop in the winter, and in the summer the shop sells high end patio furniture. Mostly run the delivery side of things, but also sell.

4. rcpeoples

rcpeoples LawnSite Member

Longshoreman. Way more than 40 hours a week
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. M.M.A. Mowing

M.M.A. Mowing LawnSite Member

Building superintendant for a home builder/land developer. Mowing spec homes and model homes for a cheap hourly wage. Also the reason why I started the biz, as well as the housing slump.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. BadRancher

BadRancher LawnSite Fanatic

I work in an auto factory.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. I've been an electrical lineman for my local power company for almost 19 years and before that I used to work on the tall towers and poles for the Tennessee Valley Authority for 3 years.

8. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

Im full time now, but when starting out i was an assistant golf course superintendent

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I mow grass for a local LCO. I have a good relationship with the owner...he's helping me a lot in my business and I try to help him out by coming in early, working weekend, wrenching on equipment and trucks for him, etc.

10. gsamoila

gsamoila LawnSite Member

Auto factory worker
    Posted via Mobile Device