1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

To those with Fast straps

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by nbuzz, Apr 13, 2009.

1. nbuzz

nbuzz LawnSite Member

I have a question about the the fastrap tie downs. I've looked into them and it between these and a prolocker. my question is, since I've searched everywhere... is:

Can the straps come off but the brackets stay on?

since this is my only trailer to haul my equipment and clippings. the straps look like they'd be the biggest pain in the #$% to work with if your trailer isn't solely for your mowers.

any help is great. thanks guys

2. flykelley

flykelley LawnSite Member

Hi Nbuzz
    I have them on my trailer and they are easy to use. I just loosen the straps and pull them off the tires, I do not undo them all they way. You can take the straps off and the brackets stay bolted to the floor if you need to use the trailer some other way. Would I buy them again, yes I would.

Regards Mike

3. nbuzz

nbuzz LawnSite Member

Thanks Mike! thats what I wanted to hear. I just didnt wanna fight with them if I had mulch or leaves on the trailer, b/c I don't think I could handle getting the rakes and shovels stuck on them all the time.

4. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

i take the straps off when i am not using them so that they dont get damaged

5. scagtiger

scagtiger LawnSite Member
    from TN

we have fast straps on our trailers and on our isuzu and love em.. my guys say they are the easiest to use and never have any problems with them

6. nbuzz

nbuzz LawnSite Member

thanks for the input guys. I did here that the straps are a pain to thread back onto the brackets if you take them off... any of this true?

7. igotdiesel2

igotdiesel2 LawnSite Member

The straps can be a pain, but when you do them a time of 2 they get easy. I welded nuts onto a steel plate and screwed that plate to the underside of my trailer so I can impact wrench off my fastraps, brackets and all on and off when needed. -Jason

8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

its not too hard to re thread them though, if you plan to haul stuff like much where out went to shovel off the trailer deck the brackets can get in the way, if you can get under your trailer i would use a bolt with a removable nut of somekind instead of screws to attach them

9. nbuzz

nbuzz LawnSite Member

I like your guys thinking. the plates attached to the underside of the trailer is frickin sweet!! I'll just have to have a buddy of mine weld them up for me.

10. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

that's how i have mine set up with a plate that it screwed on the bottom of trailer and nuts welded to the plate work out very smooth compared the the pro lockers witch tear up Ur front caster wheels and the mower still moves around from bouncing