To those with skid sprayers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jajwrigh, Aug 8, 2004.

1. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Do you guys daily drive any of your trucks w/ skids in them? I am looking into several options and one is to put a 50gal in my s-10, but its my daily driver! What do you experienced guys recommend?

2. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Extra leaf springs in your S-10 for sure.

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Recommend buying a different truck. :)

4. grassworks

grassworks LawnSite Member

remember water weighs over 8 lbs per gallon ( I think) not even counting your rig weight. Sure doesnt leave much room for dry product for gvw.

5. Envi-Lawn

Envi-Lawn LawnSite Member
    from CT

I do daily apps. w/my S-10. I bought a 5 X 8 trailer dedicated for my 100 gal skid sprayer. Dry products go into the truck bed. I use this setup for all my local stops-about 100. Works great -25 mpg, and I unhook at the end of the day, to use the S 10 as my grocery getter

6. grassredneck

grassredneck LawnSite Member

I'm with envi-lawn on this one-You might also want to try stopping that truck with that load and think about trailer brakes-the trailer is a good idea-I know you're getting much better mileage than me with a 2500HD GMC so in that respect-you definitely have a huge advantage, especially if you have that 4.3-I've seen those engines rack up some miles