1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

to tow..or no tow (ZTR)?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mowisme, Sep 19, 2012.

1. mowisme

mowisme LawnSite Senior Member

I guess this question comes to mind as this chariot (GD) I just got fixed up has a added tow bar out back. I was planning on just cutting the welds and removing..But then thought maybe once or twice a year I might want to pull something say up from back yard like my old 1950's tent camper..or if I need to pull the 34" walk-behind up for some unknown reason? I don't want to over-stress the system though- this mean I should cut off hitch and forget it-or leave it and just use good judgement and don't over do it?- as always..your imput is greatly appreciated.

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

You got the idea Greg, Dixie Choppers are good for 2000 lbs..... Not sure what brand hydros are in yours but don't see a issue pull'n a small camper once in a while, You can drag that 34 all day long.....

3. mowisme

mowisme LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Rob..I'll just leave it then and that makes it lot less hassle too since I just put the bumper on and didn't really want to remove again. P.S..I'll forgive you Rob for calling me Greg. I'm sure it's been a long day (sorry..couldn't resist) Gene

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

That it has..... :hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead: