1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

To Trade Or Not To Trade.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by shea, Jan 15, 2007.

1. shea

shea LawnSite Member

I would appreciate your input on a decision I need to make to sale my mowers and truck. To begin, I have a gear driven 48" Ferris WB and a 52" Great Dane Chariot Jr. that I would like to sale. I plan to use the money I get from the sale to upgade. The Ferris has a 15hp Kohler with about 200 hrs. (this engine was purchased new and installed this past summer) a new transmission, new clutch, new pto switch, wiring and new tires. The Great Dane has a 23hp Kawasaki, 3 new spindle assembly, tires in good shape and cuts well. It has some hours on it. How many? I don't know. When I bought it 3 years ago it didn't have a meter. It runs and cuts well. Never had any problems with it. Now, I don't know what a fair price would be for these 2 mowers. I also have a 2000 Ford Ranger 3.0 V6, 92,000 miles in good shape that I want to sell. KBB value $4500. I have a friend that has a 48" Toro hydro WB, 4yrs. old and used only to cut his lawn. He also has a 10' landscape trailer. He also has string trimmer, backpack blower and other equipment that'll go with it. Neither he nor I know the value of his equipment. He needs a small truck and I need a good hydo mower and trailer. We thought about a trade but we want to be fair with each other. So, what do you guys think? I would really appreciate your suggestions. Thanks
  2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I would sell everything.
  3. shea

shea LawnSite Member

I even confused myself with my last post. What I meant to say is that I would possibly trade my truck for his mower, trailer and equipment. I then would sell my mowers (Ferris and Great Dane) and buy more equipment.
  4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

If your both happy with the trade then do it.