1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

to trade or not

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by verno, Mar 30, 2001.

1. verno

verno LawnSite Member

thinking about trading bunton in on new grasshopper.scared
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

If you are trading to get a wider cut, it will make up a lot of time, which means more lawns can be cut in a day. More money will pay it off in no time. :)
  3. Yardworks

Yardworks LawnSite Member

I was interested in trading a JD-M653 for a grasshopper also, so I would be very interested in comments about the grasshoppers. Anyone have one?
  4. swn

swn LawnSite Member

I love my grasshoppers, going tomorrow to pick up a new 725. Good luck with whatever you do.
  5. plow kid

plow kid Banned

6. Brad Nelson

Brad Nelson LawnSite Member

I have been mowing with a mid mount grasshoper since last year. its a 225 25hp kohler 61 deck and i love it. Vern i would do it if you think it will pay for itself.
  7. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

I have a 721d with 1200hrs on it and would not own anything else accept another hopper!The ride is GREAT! The engines are bullet proof.(diesel Kubota anyways)The cut is excellent. Be sure to get the G2 trannys they are alot smoother operating. Some people have had problems with service but I have a great rep that takes great care of me. I cannot say enough .....they are truely a great machine! You wont be dissapointed!

8. swn

swn LawnSite Member

Got the 725 Saturday, got to use it a little on my own lawn and absolutely loved it. Too bad it is supposed to rain all week. I also have a 618 and a 616. I am going to sell the 616. A guy came to look at it today and was really interested in the 618. I haven't thought about selling it before. I paid 6700 for it new and it only has 200 hours. What do you guys think a good price would be. Or should I keep it? Thank you.
  9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I am picking up my new 428D, 72", diesel midmount tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait to get it in the grass. Will post a report on it's performance after I use it a few days.
  10. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

428d? I have the 321d. Is this a grasshopper I have never heard of? I heard they were going to do a 325 w/ the kubota gas mid mount, and I know they make a 728d front mount. What's up? Dave