1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

To wave or not to wave

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Uranus, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Do you get snubbed by the bigger LCO's. What are your experiences while driving down the road? Do they wave to you? Do you wave to them? Or do you just get the dirty look and a drive by.
  2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I wave...some wave.
  3. Pastaboy62

Pastaboy62 LawnSite Senior Member

I get a dirty look from the big ones, then I wave to them...Some of the solo LCO's i know so they wave back.
  4. mow & snow

mow & snow LawnSite Member

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:
  5. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I always wave. I ride a motorcycle (sportbike) and wave to the harley riders. I must say, I receive a better response rate from lcos than I do from harley riders. :laugh:

9 times out of 10 the other lcos just PRETEND they dont see u until u pass them then they look in their rear view to see what u are working with.....Ive done this 98% of the time last year and will do it again 98% of the time this year too.
  6. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I wave, but most of the bigger lco's around here have Hulio or Hernandez driving and they just have no clue what to do. As mentioned before I know most of the smaller ones so they all wave back. It is good to have connections in the business so I tried to be polite as much as possible.

7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

My next door neighbour is a big lco. I try and always wave. I also wave to a choice other few but not all. We have 4-5 lcos in our town of 500 (based in this town, we don't all work in it lol) and most are friendly with each other.

8. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

use fellow sh*t pumpers wave to each other...
  9. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

liquidfast, were you at Dover on Friday? We froze our azzes off. Went to Detroit yesterday for the swap meet. Lots of Outlaws there.
  10. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

My point exactly.