to wet to mow? and what is that thing?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by workinallthetime, Apr 5, 2007.

1. workinallthetime

workinallthetime LawnSite Member

quick question for you guys
    #1 we got like 3 inches of rain last week and the sun came out on saturday along with all the lawn guys, how in the heck do they mow when the ground has standing water on it? i did a lawn monday and got stuck when i was almost done do to front wheels droped off in a dog dug hole and my ztr spun right through the surface and i was stuck. had to go home and get the tractor to pull me out. my kubota ztr weighs 1700 lbs are the other guys mowers just lighter or what?

2nd what the heck are these little ride on standing up mower called? and who makes them? it looks like they are riding on a push mower not one with a sulky its different?

new, uninformed, well kept and making money

2. Rizzo

Rizzo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

#1 I wonder that myself. We had quite a bit of rain also (not standing water though) and I found it a bit soft in places and made a few marks in the turf with my 900# mower. Yours would be a very heavy mower at 1700#.

#2 they are standers made by Wright, Dane, Everride, Gravely or one or two other brands. It's a z turn mower with a standing deck instead of a seat for a smaller footprint and lighter weight. Just be careful going under trees...lol

3. workinallthetime

workinallthetime LawnSite Member

and i see from the wright web site you to can own yours today for the low low price of about 6000 bucks. maybe next year but at least i know what they are now thanks man. Just bought a 28000 tractor today im out of bank for awhile.

4. Rizzo

Rizzo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Wow on the tractor... Time for it to make you some mula!