To you guys that get checks from customers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by soloscaperman, Apr 7, 2011.

1. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

I get checks weekly and monthly and was wondering if you guys use Quickbooks E-checks. It's only $12.95 a month flat fee with no hidden charges. It would be nice to log into my laptop at work or at home everyday and add my checks online. How long does it take for the checks to clear??
  2. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

if you're getting checks AND monthly, i think you could save a lot of aggravation just by getting all of your customers on one monthly billing schedule, how many accounts do you have?
  3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I have quickbooks and never have even considered using the E-checks thing.

For me, my bank has a branch at the grocery store as well as two other branches in town. I'm in town regularly, so I will just bring the checks with me when I go out and drop them off at the bank. I'll usually make 1 or 2 bank runs a week so I'm not sitting on a bunch of checks at my house (like you I get checks both monthly and weekly depending on the customer).

So for me, since I'm near the bank regularly, the $12.95/month is just not worth it at all.
  4. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah I kinda do the same thing. to me, it seems like that quickbooks thing for checks is just laziness for not wanting to go to the bank.
  5. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Where is Norm, He should know alot about finances?
  6. calvinslawnservices

calvinslawnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Most banks now you don't even have to go inside now, you can just go to the ATM and it reads them and post usually the same day.
  7. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

I'm not lazy. I just don't like wasting gas going to the bank standing inline for a long time. Think about time going there waiting inline then going back home. Also miles adding your truck, wear and tear, it wall adds up. If I get a check I like to cash it asap. I only have around 25 clients and I don't like if they are all monthly because you always have to play catch up on bills and gas and so on. If I was rich I would do that but this is just my third year in this bad economy.
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

My wife drops the checks off at the bank once a week. It's only a short distance from where she works and takes 2 minutes in the drive through.
  9. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Let me know if you dive into this and how it works out by a P.M if you would not mind.

Sounds interesting and a time saver for me. I struggle getting to the bank during there hours of operation, cause if it is daylight, I am working. This maybe a affordable solution..let me know your thoughts on it if you give it a go.
  10. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I just mail a deposit in daily.