1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

To ZTR or not to ZTR

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by excell, Jun 15, 2005.

1. excell

excell LawnSite Member

I was asked to cut a 5.5 acre property. The growth is approx. 8" high. However no woody growth just leafy growth, there are some small trees but they won't be cut. Here is the question. Is this a job for a bush hog or is it o.k. to use my 60" Toro ZTR? Also, this is my couzin, is 65 to 85 per acre a good price?
  2. Bret's Lawn Care

Bret's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

sounds just about right at 75
  3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

That is pretty high. I would bush hog it and then cut it with the ztr. If you cut it with a ztr first I am afraid you will need to double cut it to make it look good.

Find some grass to test cut that is about 8" high to see what it looks like after cutting it once.
  4. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

man theres some houses in D town I saw this week, they were seriously like 5 feet tall. Over on State Fair by kelly, if you know where that is.... I'd have to have to cut that when it comes time.

but i'd add a few bucks to you estimate

oh and is your co name excel lawn service or something like that? because it sounds real fimuliar.