Toasty lawns

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by tocs93, Jun 27, 2005.

1. tocs93

tocs93 LawnSite Member

I have a few lawns that are extremely cooked. These lawns are crunchy and probably a fire hazard! I am getting ready to put down my 3rd app./Mach 2 combo. The fert in the Mach 2 is 24-5-11 50%ppscu. Is there enough slow release in this product to benefit these cooked lawns once the rain comes and the weather breaks? (I hope it rains soon). I know Mach 2 doesn't need to be watered in right away, however just how long can it sit without being watered in before it becomes ineffective? This is the worst I've seen lawns here in the Pittsburgh area in a long long time.
  2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

If you have everything on contract, I'd skip the yard, since it's the customer's responsibility to keep the yard watered.

If you're getting paid by app., I'd try to get everyone on contract so you can skip the yard, since it's the customer's responsibility to keep the yard watered.

Personally, I won't do apps on a yard that's dried out, I don't want the client calling me back saying I burned the yard up. We see posts on here all the time about TG/CL having burned yards. Even though your app doesn't burn the yard, most homeowners will see your sign in the front corner of the yard when they get home, see the yard is all brown, and instantly say you've toasted the yard.

I go into a yard with the property owner realizing that if they don't water, when it comes time to do apps 3 / 4, and the property is too dry, they're paying me to look at it and say it's too dry.
  3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

tocs93, sure wished I could send you some of my weather. rain, rain and more rain.
  4. Something D

Something D LawnSite Member
    from East TN

Toasty here in east TN. It doesn't look like we will be getting any rain in the near future. Looks like I will have next week off w/o pay.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

it was gettin dry here yesterday we had some rain not much but better then none
  6. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

It's raining here now.. screwing up my 4th of july schedule but im loving it!