Today:I sold a reducer,a few flush valves and..

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, May 2, 2007.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

about 8 hrs with 2 guys to re-work some manifolds...It was a new customer that decided she was sick of fixing her drip system...Some fly by nighter didn't hook up any reducers/filters to the 4 zones of drip or any flush valves...So I'm all excited and feel great about my sale....I get back to the shop talk to the boss, it turns out she is a tire kicking, $$ holding, 4 month payment plan for a 600 dollar bill on 3 different credit cards type of customer...

Boy did I Own myself on that one.....oh well I got to explain a few pitches to a customer with some face time as a salesman....which is good..

but oh well.......I tried:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:
  2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

You & your boss need to change the batteries in your b.s. detectors more often.:confused:
  3. CAPT Stream Rotar

you would roll over in your office chair if you saw the bogus systems she had...

no flush valves...abotu 12 GPM running through 12' inch netafim..

sad really.....
  4. 600 bucks with 3 guys for 8 hours?

Wanna do some sub bill for labor alone for 8 hours by myself....would be close to 600 bucks.....

And....why do you need 2 extra guys to re-work manis?

Just curious....

I have done (6) 4 valve manifolds by myself...dug up, re-worked and re-installed...and buried less than a full day....
  5. Mike Leary

Wow! 12' Netafim, wonder if boots knows?:laugh:
    Really tho, it's easy to f..k people over with standard irrigation, but drip
    brought a whole new breed of bottom feeders to the, "green",
    no nauseum....good drip/ filters...layout...flushing..Netafim
    check valve pipe on slopes...drip will work. imho...spray rules, stomata
    needs our help! No offence...Irrishe.
  6. CAPT Stream Rotar

oh god no...the 600 was for a addon/ re-design from sprays >rotors..
    and it took her 4 credit cards and 4 months to pay it...

I would have to add the reducer/filter to to the 3 feeds of drip...Plus re grid all the shooty work and add flush valves..def 8 hrs 2 guys + joke..40 $ an hr per man...

Edit-also i prob could minimize the zones of drip to 2 prob if i thought it out right......its a total nightmare and a complete hack job on the landscaper who installed it..
  7. Mike Leary

I don't give a rat about "the problem" did you fix it, on budget...?
    Did you hustle the client's daughter?
  8. CAPT Stream Rotar

Some of the fittings were clamped!? i have never dont that....all of it was a complete cluster....The emitters were screaming out water when they should of been dripping.2 sections Blew while i was checking the system with her right there...While I was doing a walk around with the home owner along her elaborately HACKED drip system(nice garden BTW), none of the connections were looped..All 3 zones had a end.....I mean it was sad.. I wanted to take a picture of how NOT to install drip but she was all over the place....
    Truly a Dirt bag install, not made to last any longer than a few months..I left the lady a few couplers and some advice..Told her to do some research on the Internet.....Worst part about the account was that the irrigator/land scraper decided to convince the homeowner she need a new controller
    (while she had 4 free zones open on the rainbird)...Also there was conduit inside the garage going up to the controller...Just a complete hack/obvious a contractor was zipping the unknowing homeowner....
    oh well. cant win them all
  9. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Did you see any shrubblers?