1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Today is 9-11

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bluesteel, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Just wanted to remind everyone that a few years ago, a group of people decided their god was better than our God. One thing they were right about, Liberty has real enemies.
  2. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

Yes, today is a good day to reflect on all the freedoms we are given. Enjoy and relish in it by understanding what it means to be free, living in the greatest country in the world.
  3. galagers

galagers LawnSite Member

It is a day to remember those that gave their lives on that day and also those that have given theier lives since fighting to make sure we do not have another 9/11. But especially keep in your hearts the young men and women putting their lives on the line currently in other countries, not just for our freedoms but the freedoms of the countries that attacked us.
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

God Bless those individuals
  5. simsy71

simsy71 LawnSite Member

God Bless America and to all those people serving this country.

I had a very eerie feeling come over me this morning. I remember that morning being a beautiful sunny cool day like today. I had to drive into Boston today and saw a plane in the skyline flying over one of the big buildings here. Got a sick feeling in my stomach.
  6. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 LawnSite Member

Never Forget
  7. GLAN

GLAN Banned

We had better be able to let it go over time.

No disrespect with what I am going to say.

The Jewish people have used "Never Forget" for far to long. I personaly know of a few that have praticaly lived their lives by that slogan. They were never affected by the Holocaust. They were never there, neither were their parents. Regardless, their views are narrow minded. They are very biased towards anyone unlike themselves.

Now, how many know of the 10 million Ukrainians slaughtered by Stalin?
  8. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

And the whole Soviet arms build-up was based on the motto of "Never Again" regarding the millions of Ukrains, Russians and other Soviets killed during WWII. From that perseptive their arms build-up truly was "defensive".

"Fear" is the cause of many things. Things like the Patriot Act. Things like searches of people's shoes. Things like airport security while bridges remain naked.
  9. griffin16

griffin16 LawnSite Member

10. Good points about taking it too far and keeping things in perspective. My perspective is from watching two towers burn and collapse. And that with the timing of the attacks, “the faithful” hoped to catch as many as 15,000 fathers, mothers, sons, and daughters in each tower, plus anyone else big enough to die in the streets below.

Watching people throw chairs through windows, in a desperate attempt to fly away from the black smoke and the flames.

I hope nobody lets go of what happened, lest it happen again. Due to the Liberty that our fathers fought and died for, we not only have enemies within and without; but fools who think they’re doing the honorable thing by defending our enemies.