1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

today is the day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newguymowing, Feb 16, 2008.

1. newguymowing

newguymowing LawnSite Member

im going to purchase my first mower today HOPEFULLY i was just wondering any last feedback before i do looking for a 52 inch or smaller only doing about ten yards a week definatelly want a zero turn though no walk behinds
  2. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

cut green!! that's John Deere green. All kidding aside chose the dealer you feel most comfortable with and seems to have the best knowledge of there equipment.
  3. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

I wouldn't buy the first day! Thats just asking for regret. Buying a mower(or any equipment) the first day- like well I am just going to the dealer, and gonna buy something, well thats not smart.

Do some research, and make sure you look at all the options. Then choose the mower.

If you set out to by the first day, you will not know all your options, and you may miss something.
  4. newguymowing

newguymowing LawnSite Member

well i didnt buy a mower today just mesed around with the dealer but i need some help on two qoutes the first is a exmark hp 56 inch cut 7600 or a hustler mini z 54 7800
  5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Did you check this one out?

6. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

sounds like you need to look at something like a Wright Stander or possibly an Everride Scorpion.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Check out the new cubcadet TANKS. They are built like tanks. I got mine this week and LOVE IT. It is an awsome machine. I got the 48" deck with the 23 horsepower kawasaki engine.
  8. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

10 lawns and you are thinking of spending 7k??
    Buy a used walk behind and grow to a larger machine when you can afford it.
  9. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

He clearly said that he didn't want a WB ... therefore, if he has the money and is willing to spend it, I say go for it !!
  10. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I agree with accuratelawn....its probably not what you want to here. Definitely put it on paper...what 10 yards will make on a $7,000 investment versus a $2,000 investment.
    Just my 2 cents...but then again... Im a tightwad!!payup