1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Today - My Bad Day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowmasteruk, Aug 27, 2005.

1. mowmasteruk

mowmasteruk LawnSite Member

What a day. First I slipped off the deck of my flatbed while I was refilling my water tank and landed on my back with my legs in the air - nifty move for a 58 year old. Then the starter rope broke on my line trimmer and disappeared into the recoil; one of the bolts on the starter was seized and I could not remove it to repair the cord. Whilst I was doing this the wind caught the rear door of my van and it clipped me on the head. Then whilst using a blade on my trimmer my leg disappeared two feet down a rabbit hole. I then decided this was definitely not my day and decided to pack up and go home before I got killed.
    Does anyone else have days like this?

2. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Is this a serious question ? :)

3. Days, sometime have months like that.

4. mowmasteruk

mowmasteruk LawnSite Member

Nice to hear that JB. Seems like I've been getting off light up to now.

5. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

damn, yeah once enough things happen, it wont get any better usually the rest of the day lol

6. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

What a day ! I'm glad to hear you tossed in the towel for the rest of the day and from then on it was smooth sailin'.

We all have days like that when nothing seems to go right. But look on the bright side -- there is tomorrow and everything may fall into place just right.

Nosmo

7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

wow glad it wasnt a more serious injury.....i think we have days like that so when we have a really great day, we can see the difference :p

8. mith

mith LawnSite Member

Mowmaster, where abouts in the IOW are you? Just wondering.
    Nice place there, just spent a week on the tail end of cowes week just outside of Shalfleet, its great but its a long walk to find anything but a pub. We ended up thumbing lifts most the time.

9. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

whew, I haven't one that bad but yesterday I got home and pulled up to the shop and ALL 300 feet of my spray hose was dragging behind me! I have no idea how that happened.

10. careco

careco LawnSite Member

Mama said there would be days like this ? Just did not think they come in weeks ? :cry: