Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Flow Control, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Today I was looking over a project that we will start shortly, it is located at a State College. Anyway the point that I was trying to make :hammerhead::hammerhead: to the GC and the head maintenance guys was the following. The drawing had the timer in location that was not ideal. We asked if we could install the timer near another controller that had easier access compared to the diagram. The GC said he would talk it over with the maintenance department. The maintenance guys problem was that the area was already under scheduling problems in the summer due to the fact that there are long run times. My point was that it does not matter where you install the timer have on one side of the building or another, it is not going to help your programming. I even offered to replace their current timer with one that would handle both the existing zones and our zones to be installed AND have a few left over for future and the guy was convinced that if I installed the timer in that area that it would negatively effect the existing system. Am I missing something here? Besides grammer and spelling
  2. Ferti-man

Ferti-man LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like the maintenance guy is smoking a different type of grass! :nono: Can you go above him to get a decision? Your proposal sounds like a great idea to me. Good cover on the spelling disclaimer! :laugh:
  3. Dennis Spencer

Dennis Spencer LawnSite Member

Call the architect.
  4. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Tell the maint guy that if you install the timer next to the other one, it will fix their run time problems. (or something along those lines).

Get permission from him, and when it all is working great, give him the credit. Make him look like a hero, and he'll do whatever you want!
  5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Take away his key to the timer and go over his head.
  6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

7. Ferti-man

Ferti-man LawnSite Senior Member

Another poet! :laugh: good one!
  8. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

Call the architect. Thats the one calling the shots anyway.