1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Todays Stripes

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by metro36, Aug 24, 2006.

1. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Here are some stripes I made with my fathers Lazer Z HP 48'' with ultravac on his lawn. I used no striping kit just plain blades. There is also a pic of the mower.

2. metro36

I would like to hear some feed back. What do you guys think.

3. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

To be brutally honest with you...looks like you might need some more practice... if my stripes came out like that on my lawns, I might lose the client. I'm surprised the exmark didn't have a stronger stripe...maybe the grass height is at fault??? Looks like you didn't miss any spots though...just have to work on keeping your lines straighter:waving: . Nice mower anyways!:clapping:
  4. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

what stripes?
  5. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

6. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

:( we pull stronger stripes in MS and definatly straighter lines.
  7. metro36

I know the lines were not very straight but that is the way my father likes it cut. If I cut in the other direction my lines would be very strait. I am gonna make a striper for it because it needs it. My toro 21'' makes a way better stripe than that. I have been using the mower for 5 years now. The grass was cut at 3.5 inches.
  8. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Your dad likes the lines wavy....hmmmmm...that's a new one....:hammerhead: :dizzy:
  9. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

not all stripes are strait some are wavy. we did them once purposely they came out nice we also do other designs then just going strait and diagonal. just gets boring u might want to try it some time. BTW nice mower. u should get the roller they work great just look at terracares best stripes ever. also done with a lazer Z with roller i think.
  10. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Just don't enter them in the august striping contest.