Told a 900$ a month account to stick it!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blades of Steel, May 1, 2006.

1. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

Had a large dispute with a client today that we have only serviced 2 times and did a 2500$ clean-up on at the top of the season to stick and it.

It began with this looney tunes lady telling me not to park in the driveway. I told her I can not park in the street since it is only 20 feet wide and my trailer is approximately 9ft wide and it would be putting others in harms way. Then I told her that I couldn't park in the yard because we have had around 4" of rain in the past week and I didn't want to rut up the yard. She tells me.... Figure it out!!!!!

Then she goes on to tell me that the spring clean-up we did she isn't satisfied with the barn area. (I have to mention that this area was not part of the initial quote and was added in for free and it cost me a half day and 4 yards of mulch on the house). Anyway, she was complaining about the junipers that had wild strawberries and bermuda grass in them. I told her that her husband and i had already discussed them and that they would need to be treated by Southern Spray. He was fine with that and she continued for ten minutes to no avail. I then asked her to PLEASE be quiet so that I could explain myself. She then like to lost her damn mind....... (I may add that the second visit I made she chewed my butt for cutting down 3 trees that her HUSBAND told me to cut out.) So, I have had about enough of this butt chewing and told her, when her and her husband figured out the hell they actually need to let me know. I then told my guys to put the stuff on the trailer we are out of here.

Oh, i forgot to tell you..... I have to call 2 hours in advance so that she can take her 9 dogs out to crap all over the backyard before I get there.

It was tough but I had had it up to my ears with the butt chewing.

Damn waht a day...

Tim

2. rick2752

rick2752 LawnSite Member

3. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds more like a $900 wieght was lifted off your back.

4. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

You let that go on a lot longer than I would have... Her stupid response to the parking problem + one more idiot comment and I'd have been outta there.

It always sux when the husband and wife are not on the same page.

5. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

Yeah, i feel u on that one. SOmetimes, no matter how well they pay, its not worth it to put up with their bs, trust me, ull feel better about telling this lady to f$%@ herself.:hammerhead:

6. Damian

Damian LawnSite Member

Nine dogs? Did your shoes bark when you took them off at night? :eek:

7. Blades of Steel

you know i feel much better that you guys feel the same.... I just could take that crap anymore. The only thing better would be smacking her in the chops.....

8. Blades of Steel

Yeah Nine in the house, six in the 750,000$ barn with about 15 cats in a cate room to go with the 6 horses. What a freak. I think its nice that she takes in rescued dogs but damn.....

9. Dependable Mowing

Dependable Mowing LawnSite Member

Sounds like you did the right thing. Some people just have to have something or someone to complain about....I don't understand it.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

That part right there is likely the only thing I would not tolerate, the rest of it comes with time. If they got the money and are not afraid to spend it, I don't bend over backwards thou really the problem is do I have to deal with the poop? If not, I probably could care less.

This appears to be a prime example of a yard that is just too nice, but in time I have learned how to deal with these folk (not all of them, mind you). These type of people are not afraid of me or how much it costs, and they don't care how it gets done except now.

For 900 a month, I'd be like ok and yes and ok again, block the street with the rig and thank you no problem ok and sure. Someone comes around crying about the rig, there's 11 feet of blacktop left and cars are only 6 feet wide so they got a berth wide enough to drive a boat through and deal with it. Then, submit the next bill a few hundred dollars over because I did this extra stuff and thanks again.

Did the tree get cut down by mistake? Ok, no problem.

That's how I get into these crazy things, folks spend a lot of money are wild to deal with and this is my first year I can deal with SOME of them, I ran from more than a few in my first four years and even today they can about make me crap my pants lol.

btw, don't leave your rake or a tool sitting in their driveway... folks like these get in a hurry and get into their car and drive right over your stuff lol I done had that happen to me but eventually I learned: They don't care and I don't care so long the place looks nice and the work is done, life is good.