toll free numbers?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JFGauvreau, Jan 6, 2010.

1. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

I was just curious on how many people actually use a toll free number, and if it helps in being more professional I guess.

And how do you set it up? Can you have a toll free number from a cell phone?

Thanks.
    J-F

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

unless you have people in all areas of the country cutting grass. why get a tolll free number,

I would kind of shutter if someone needed a toll free number to contaic me about cutting there grass

3. PetesLandscape&Supply

PetesLandscape&Supply LawnSite Member

maybe 10 or 15 years ago it would have been a good idea when people a couple towns over were long distance calls , but now a days with cell phones I dont see it being important enough ,we still have ours because we got it in the late eighties and it only cost 10 bucks a month with are other landline....pete

4. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Alright, sounds good, thx for the input

5. codykilbeys

codykilbeys LawnSite Member

I am using one. Actually it was a feature of this PBX system a telecommunication provider gave me. Setting it up is easy. They usually have an online or desktop controller to do diverting, call screening, etc.

6. CrazyBlonde

CrazyBlonde LawnSite Member

For those who may need it, it is a great tool. It can be very expensive! My bill comes in at about $93.00 per month, (for 3000 minutes) and I shopped pretty hard before signing up with the provider I chose. Because we have a organic product to distribute, we post a toll free number in our ads and web site. It allows you to forward the number to ANY phone. It also has a scheduler that allows you to set a forwarding schedule. So I forward it to the office during business hours, and to my cell afterhours. It is called AccessLine Smart800. It is available through HOME DEPOT. Cheryl

7. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Why bother? Everything around here for 50 miles is a local call.

8. Mike's LawnCare Landscape

Mike's LawnCare Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Every body has cell phones now so no for me. Just make sure you put down your area code. Some clients here don't know it LOL