TomG's Photos

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by TomG, Feb 7, 2011.

1. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

i think he forgot to add "processed" to that sentence.

2. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

Yes. Thank you.

DVS, When I said gravel, I meant processed gravel. I would have said 3/4" stone if it was clean. Its hard when everyone calls their aggregates something different.

3. TomG

Correct we were not doing interlocking pavements as we think of them today, but 30 years ago we were doing the equivalent of today's interlocking pavements and SRW's; clay pavers for walkways and patios and timber walls.

Its actually called job security. :)I would say we redo two or three of our old jobs a year. Replacing the clay pavers and the deteriorating timber walls with new modern pavers and new modern walls.

4. SVA_Concrete

SVA_Concrete LawnSite Senior Member

Crusher Run??

you mean 21A?

and 3/4 agg??? you mean 57's

5. TomG

Patio project with a sitting wall on top of a regular wall.

PB240010.jpg

PB240011.jpg

PB240015.jpg

PB290004.jpg

6. TomG

Same project. Last picture is of a walk way we did on the front of the house. We did NOT do the granite work and personally i think it looks horrible. I have no idea why the homeowner went with two pieces of granite it could have been done with one piece. Or at least cut the granite and seam it together better.

PB290003.jpg

PB290005.jpg

PB290002.jpg

7. TomG

We removed an old CMU wall and steps and replaced them with some granite steps. The home owner had a small child and did not want a new wall so we just sloped the hill down.

DSC01342.JPG

qe.JPG

DSC01345.JPG

DSC01346.JPG

8. TomG

Two equipment pictures from a very small job. We only had the E50 on the site so I figured I would try to lift the pallet out of our International rather than take it out of the truck by hand. We were impressed that the machine lifted it out no problem. The picture shows the blade down but I was actually able to lift the blade and swing the pallet a full 360 around the machine with no tipping. Pallet weighed in at 3,271lbs.

ss.JPG

DSC01261.JPG

9. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

That E50 is nice!

Looks like you could have put in another 2 or 3 steps there in that slope. Guessing the homeowner didnt want to pay for that much more?

10. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Time to invest in a stringline Tom